There is no more legendary motorcycle racer than Giacomo Agostini. With 15 world championships and 122 Grand Prix victories, he alone is the most successful World Championship Grand Prix rider. Thirteen of those titles have come aboard the MV Agusta machines, and it is forever linked to the iconic Italian brand. The 2022 MV Agusta Superveloce Ago pays homage to its 79-year-old namesake, who made his debut with the bike by taking it around the Misano World Circuit Marco Simoncelli during the MotoGP weekend with MV Agusta Forward Racing Moto2 rider Simone Corsi by his side.
- True to the Agostini legend, the MV Agusta Superveloce Ago 2022 isn’t just a cosmetic upgrade for the retro-styled supersport. It includes an impressive range of upgrades, as well as a racing kit for lovers of closed courses.
- The suspension on the Ago is Ãhlins. The fork is a NIX model, with the shock a TTX unit. Both are fully adjustable.
- The Ãhlins fork is held in place by a new forged upper triple clamp. Stability is further enhanced by an Ãhlins steering damper.
- It’s a new “Old Style” windshield – yes, that’s a paradox. Behind the windshield is a new 5.5 inch TFT instrument panel.
- Carbon fiber is widely used on the 2022 MV Agusta Superveloce Ago:
- Swingarm protector
- Chain guard (upper and lower)
- Seat cover
- Front and rear mudguards
- Side fairing
- The ABS Continental MK100, sensitive to bends, is recalibrated. There is also a new clutch in the engine.
- The Racing Kit puts the Ago on the track. A distinctive three-pipe Arrow exhaust system evacuates gas with two mufflers on the right and a third on the left, while remaining compliant with road regulations. A circuit ready ECU extracts additional power from the inline-3. Riders will be seated on a special Alcantara seat with contrast stitching, with a carbon fiber rear cover behind them. A right heel protector is made of aluminum. The kit also includes red grips – Ago’s favorites – and a bike cover. Finally, a certificate of origin for the MV Agusta Superveloce Ago 2022 can be found in the chic box of the racing kit.
- The racing kit adds stunning details to the Agostini autographed fuel tank. There is a black leather strap, reminiscent of a historic restraint system. A carbon fiber plate integrated into the CNC fuel cap features 15 stars celebrating the 15 world championships with a No.1 spot in the center and a unique production number. The first 15 2022 editions of the MV Agusta Superveloce Ago produced receive a more elaborate plaque with a trophy and the name of Giacomo Agostini in script – good luck scoring one.
- There will be 311 copies produced. Curiously, MV Agusta claims in a press kit that Agostini “was victorious in the 311 Grand Prix race”. This is incorrect, as Agostini has 122 GP wins, which is seven more than finalist Valentino Rossi. If you think that’s Agostini’s number of podiums, you’re optimistic: he has 159 GP podiums, 76 behind Rossi. A press release quotes “one for each of Agostini’s career wins”. Maybe he had 189 wins in other disciplines.
- If you want an MV Agusta Superveloce Ago 2022, you will need to order it from the MV Agusta website. The price is 32,100 â¬. A standard Superveloce will cost you â¬ 20,700. Matt Fire Red / Matt SV Ago Magnum Silver / Matt Ago Yellow color and graphics are exclusive to Ago.
There are 2022 MV Agusta Superveloce Specification
- Type: Online-3
- Displacement: 798cc
- Bore x stroke: 79 x 54.3 mm
- Maximum power: 147 horsepower at 13,000 rpm
- Maximum torque: 65 ft-lbs at 10,100 rpm
- Compression ratio: 13.3: 1
- Valve system: DOHC; 4 vpc in titanium
- Transmission: 6 speed cassette type with quick up / down shifter
- Clutch: Wet multiplate with slipper function
- Final drive: Chain
- Frame: Aluminized steel trellis with single-sided aluminum swingarm
- Front suspension; Travel: Fully adjustable Ãhlins NIX 43mm inverted fork; 4.9 inch
- Rear suspension; travel: fully adjustable Ãhlins TTX piggyback tank shock absorber assisted by linkage; 5.1 inch
- Wheels: aluminum alloy
- Front wheel: 17 x 3.50
- Rear wheel: 17 x 5.50
- Tires: Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa II
- Front tire: 120/70 x 17
- Rear tire: 180/55 x 17
- Brakes, front: 320mm floating discs with radially mounted 4-piston Brembo monobloc calipers
- Rear brake: 220mm disc with Brembo 2-piston caliper
- ABS: Corner-sensitive Continental MK100 with rear wheel lift mitigation
DIMENSIONS and CAPACITIES
- Wheelbase: 54.3 inches
- Trail: 3.9 inches
- Seat height: 32.7 inches
- Fuel capacity: 4.4 gallons
- Estimated Fuel Consumption: 37 mpg
- Color: Matt Fire Red / Matt SV Ago Magnum Silver / Matt Ago Yellow
2022 MV Agusta Superveloce ago Price: â¬ 32,100 MSRP
2022 MV Agusta Superveloce Ago Photo gallery